50.02 France: Some of the animals of the French Pyrenees and a brief pictorial introduction to this incredible region.
We reach our destination at 2,300 feet, after 2 hours. As this stage, Jen comments, "Through the camera lens, I had difficulty distinguishing between the two subjects." 'I don't believe you said that.' She seemed to believe the animal and me shared many similarities. It might be true, I thought, but nevertheless most hurtful. When I confronted Jenni about my hurt feelings, not only had she a comment but in fact, two. "Firstly," she defended herself, "They say the camera never lies." Yikes! Then she followed up with a retort she thought would provide some comfort. "Be thankful it's not a horse." Merci or should that be mercy.
Should that be insufficient, she felt compelled to add, "And don't be so sensitive. Imagine what the cow would think had she understood what I said." Heck! Do I have compelling grounds for my despair? Anyway, as a source of comfort, I topped up my container of yoghurt from the closest available teat. It was some form of consolation although too warm.
Should that be insufficient, she felt compelled to add, "And don't be so sensitive. Imagine what the cow would think had she understood what I said." Heck! Do I have compelling grounds for my despair? Anyway, as a source of comfort, I topped up my container of yoghurt from the closest available teat. It was some form of consolation although too warm.
Then she hit me with a clincher on the Cirque Troumouse extravaganza, as far as hiking goes. "It may not be similarities limited to cows."
Lessons learned. I don't think I'm going to sit down for brunch any longer—it's too dangerous.
Lessons learned. I don't think I'm going to sit down for brunch any longer—it's too dangerous.
We come across llama in the early stages of the climb to Pic du Midi, a trip highlight.
C'mon guys, it's 10:30am, it's so unlike you to take a break from grazing.
The sheep form a huddle before making the next move, as we approach. One can only imagine what that movement might be, having climbed from the 'bowels of the Earth'.
I once smiled when a cow butted Jenni in Nepal. On this hike, I approached one of the beasts in a very friendly manner. It came towards me and I thought it wanted a stroke on the head. Instead, it charged. Quite an experience. I don't think I had a good day although I loved the hiking adventure.
Jen has developed a certain comfort, a tranquility, being at one with the land and towns, in this part of France. Oui! It's fascinating.
Our final destination is above and to the left of the falls.
Viewed from a peak: The world looks at peace.
From a peak, we look upon the town of Cauterets.
Following a fairly strenuous hike, we reach Lac Gloriettes.
About to reach Pic du Midi. We commenced from a position below the usual starting point. (Scroll down to next blog for an indication of this fabulous icon.)
Cheers,
The sheep form a huddle before making the next move, as we approach. One can only imagine what that movement might be, having climbed from the 'bowels of the Earth'.
I once smiled when a cow butted Jenni in Nepal. On this hike, I approached one of the beasts in a very friendly manner. It came towards me and I thought it wanted a stroke on the head. Instead, it charged. Quite an experience. I don't think I had a good day although I loved the hiking adventure.
Jen has developed a certain comfort, a tranquility, being at one with the land and towns, in this part of France. Oui! It's fascinating.
Our final destination is above and to the left of the falls.
Viewed from a peak: The world looks at peace.
From a peak, we look upon the town of Cauterets.
Following a fairly strenuous hike, we reach Lac Gloriettes.
About to reach Pic du Midi. We commenced from a position below the usual starting point. (Scroll down to next blog for an indication of this fabulous icon.)
Cheers,
Jenni and Jeffrey
Comments