😂Bolder, let's boulder again; we do still want to boulder...never intimated that we are smart.
Close to the mountain summit.
Close to my sweetheart.
Rugged, rough and ready.
Good idea to bring to the party...an Ice Pick.
Coca-Cola, not so much ice, please. (Franz Josef Glacier).
Is he stuck; or merely, bent out of shape? (Kepler Track).

A very formal Mrs. Lazarow...or, a weary, young lady.
Life is full of surprises, and we certainly had an interesting opening salvo recently. Frankly, we don't know quite where to begin; or even, whether there is actually a beginning or ending. It is probably appropriate to introduce what we claim is an element of confusion in our lives. Out of the blue, Jeffrey got struck down with a stroke some 4 days into the commencement of Hike-about 72. While this was a most inappropriate attack, we were reminded of the saying "Man plans and G-d laughs".
While many daily functions may be considered basic for most people, I can tell you I am tested for much of my day. Often spending an hour contemplating a very basic issue, I come away realizing I do not know the answer. It makes me think of the fundamental aspects of life, in which one heads out excited to learn and pursue and ends up with this great vision but clueless.
The above makes me think of one of the great teachers in my school career, Mr. Ben Brooks, who had a wonderful manner in teaching and tutoring the students and for which I am personally grateful. The fact Mr. Brooks was my rugby coach, added a wonderful element to attending school.
Jenni has had to take the lead in determining matters of bookkeeping, accounting, plus the regular functions which includes the odd 10 mile or so hike. I, on the other hand, have decided to take a break after some years of effort to watch the world go by, finding it a far more interesting place than I ever considered.
What makes life extremely complicated is that after years of study, business experience and trying to master 'baby' bookkeeping, I now find I have come full circle and know as much as I knew 60 years ago. Actually, that is quite tough, but I am most appreciative of Jenni's spirit as the two of us enter frequent arguments of whether who is correct about the debits and credits that we confront.
So here I am, with another opportunity of education, but I am a little older than I was all those years ago. And while the challenge of renewing learning is an exciting one, I think I have probably aged somewhat since my earlier years. (As an aside, I am very partial to contradictions - anyone?).
Some of the most interesting facets are the confidence that one develops and probably doesn't realize until it is too late, how one's life can change drastically. While I have a certain comfort for the future, realistically speaking, I am probably not as strong
as I used to be. But then again, I might have to prove a few people wrong.
I think one of the difficult aspects is having mastered many concepts and a few advanced ideas over a life of study, learning and experience only to find all that was so obvious, meaningful and conceptually within grasp, took on a life of its own. Nevertheless, I look forward to the challenge, although I don't know that I want to restart it all again, but I am definitely witnessing some amusing, strange and unusual approaches to life.
Another interesting aspect is some of the very amusing times where Jen and I may disagree on a particular issue. I will reason that I am making a point and I fail to understand why she continues to be difficult. I have come to realize that the problem may NOT be Jenni. What is most refreshing is that I rationalize the most ridiculous and incorrect concepts, but deep within me, I am usually accurate. Let me explain. I know simply put, that 10 and 10 amounts to 20. However, at another level, I will come up with a completely different answer and think that I am correct. That is where the problem lies. I am suspicious that, within the concept, is where we lose each other. To be a little clearer, at my normal level most things make sense. But at another level, where I operate currently, anything that relates to reality is purely coincidental.
So, those who are easily annoyed by foolishness, I ask you to exercise an element of patience as we navigate and justify why 12 times 3 may in fact be equal to 62. Or as one buddy said to me many years ago, "if you don't like this answer, I have got another one for you".
Finally, it is my deep desire not to let my beloved father down.
Cheers,
Jenni and Jeffrey
No comments:
Post a Comment