47.29 A relatively few (30) special, active positions enjoyed on hike-about 47, most from unpublished blogs.
I understand tact or discretion prevents me from mentioning her actual age. All I would add is that she is very old. In fact, should I be her age, I'd shout out to the heavens how pleased and proud I am that I can still hike. As an example, today she reached the peak of Corkscrew Mountain in Death Valley, California. She rose 3,300 feet along a tricky trail, treacherous at times on the way down, steep as heck on the way up, the last 1.5 miles rising at 1,700 feet per mile. That's amazing. I was so impressed that on her return I got out of the car to welcome her back even though I was very bored.
While we are so far behind in blog postings, we have included some highlights from the latest Hike-about. Should there be anyone out there with an interest, we hope you enjoy nature's offerings.
The upcoming birthday girl reaches Corkscrew Mountain, one of our top-ten challenges. Well done, Baby!
He finds religion at the 'Red Cathedral' in Death Valley.
To get to the base of Yellow Mountain, one has to undertake a treacherous climb first. The return journey is even tougher.
Finding a fascinating ridge trail as an offshoot of Golden Canyon, Death Valley. A day filled with adrenaline rushes.
Bishop Peak, SLO, California: A tricky climb to reach the top...so he says (during the wildfire period).
Comments